Bookitbee is an online platform which allows event organisers to set-up event bookings and sell online tickets in a matter of minutes. They allow organisers to customise their page and offer flexibility in ticketing.
- Known and competitive costs
- Bespoke service
- Quicker recruitment
- Cultural fit managed
- Smooth on-boarding means the employee is productive faster
Bookitbee approached The HR Hub in 2015 with a resourcing challenge. They were a fast growing tech company who had a passion for innovation, agility, and promoting a great culture among their employees and with their customers. Bookitbee needed to hire more resources but wanted to ensure that the company culture which had made them so successful was shared by incoming new employees. They also recognised that is was time to relook at their HR policies and make sure they reflected the strategic direction of the business. Bookitbee were focussed on other core activities so wanted to outsource the entire process of hiring, on-boarding, and ensuring cultural fit. Finally, they wanted this done in a cost effective way with a transparent commercial model.
- Provide a cost effective service
- Maintain and grow company culture
- Produce policies that support culture but also define expectations
- Limit the time input needed from the client
- Provide on-boarding which fast tracks embedding of new employees
We started by getting to understand the Bookitbee business by reviewing their current policies, speaking to the Directors, and taking a look at the website. The fun, agile, and flexible ethos at Bookitbee became apparent very quickly. We produced a fully tailored service offering which included recruitment of 4 positions, on-boarding, and updates to company policies. We delivered this with a transparent and fixed fee structure as per the client’s requirements.
- Produced copy for all job specs and managed advertising on websites.
- Reviewed all CVs and provided a shortlist to the client.
- Provided updates and reporting as the process progressed.
- Performed first round interviews to ensure competency and cultural fit.
- Offer management and contracts.
- Three high quality candidates started employment within 6 weeks of start of project.
- Cost per hire <7.5% salary.
- Arranged start dates.
- Ensured the line manager contacted the new employee before their start date to make them feel integrated and welcome.
- Ensured all system access would be ready for day 1.
3. Company policies updated
- All policies were reviewed and updated where required to be in line with legal requirements, and also to ensure the communications to employees was on point.
- Carefully managed the balance between encouraging flexible working practice but ensuring employees understood what was expected of them by Bookitbee.